When you verify your identity with ID.me, you will need to upload images of specific personal identity documents, such as a Driver’s License or Passport.
Your identity document(s) will not be accepted if:
If you see a "We couldn't read your document" message, select Try with a different document to re-upload photos of your documents.
If you continue to see this error message, you may be asked to verify your identity with an ID.me Trusted Referee over a video call. Select Verify identity on a video call to continue.
Tips for taking photos of your document(s):
- Match the orientation to the document (for example, use landscape orientation for Driver's Licenses).
- Turn off the flash on your camera to reduce glare.
- Place your document on a dark table or surface.
- There should be no other objects in the photo.
- Take the photo straight on and not at an angle.
- Your document should fill as much of the frame as possible, without cutting any of it off. All four corners of the document should be visible.
- Look at the photo after you take it, and make sure there is no glare obscuring the text.
- Your photo must be a PNG or JPG.
If you are verifying with an ID.me Trusted Referee video call and your identity document(s) were not accepted, you will receive an "Action Required: Join a video call" email with further instructions.