The Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits. ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Indiana’s DWD.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit Indiana DWD
To get started:
- Go to the DWD’s Unemployment Portal and log in to your Uplink account.
- You should see a task on your claimant home page that says "Identity Verification Needed."
- Follow the prompts and select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Indiana. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you complete identity verification, go to the DWD UpLink Portal, and continue your claim. How to do this depends on if you verified using self-service or on a video call.
- Log in to your UpLink account.
- Sign in to your ID.me account when prompted and select Allow.
This shares your identity information with the state and enables the claim process to continue.
If you verified your identity on a video call, you must return to the UpLink Portal.
- Return to the Indiana DWD site and log in.
- Enter your ID.me sign in email address and password when prompted.
- Follow the steps for Indiana DWD, then select Allow to share your verified identity information. This action shares your identity information with the state and enables the claim process to continue.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners