The U.S. Department of Treasury has partnered with ID.me to provide identity verification for access to their online benefits and services. To access select Treasury online services or benefits, you will need to verify your identity with ID.me. This will help the Treasury make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you.
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication.
- How do I verify my identity to access my Treasury account?
- Can I use Native American / Tribal documents for identity verification?
- What is an ID.me Trusted Referee video call?
- How do I 'upgrade my credential' with a video selfie?
- What if I don’t live in the United States?
Managing my account
- How do I create an ID.me account?
- How do I reset my ID.me password?
- How do I confirm my email address?
- How do I change the email address in my ID.me account?
- How do I close / delete my ID.me account?
- How can I solve common technical issues?
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- What is a Primary or Secondary Identity Document?
- Why weren’t my documents approved?
- How do I unlock my account?
- What is Error D0100?