Cox Communications is helping to administer the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), designed to help Americans stay connected to the internet. Eligible households can receive up to $30 off their current internet service, including equipment costs.
To help verify eligibility, Cox has partnered with ID.me to offer an easy-to-use online identity and documentation verification service for ACP. ID.me specializes in digital identity protection and helps ensure you’re you—and not someone pretending to be you.
- How do I verify my Public Benefit Recipient status?
- How do I verify my Public Benefit Recipient status if I already verified my identity with ID.me?
- What happens after I've verified my identity for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Managing my account
- How do I create an ID.me account?
- How do I reset my ID.me password?
- How do I confirm my email address?
- How do I change the email address in my ID.me account?
- How do I close / delete my ID.me account?
- How can I solve common technical issues?
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- Why weren’t my documents approved?
- How do I unlock my account?
- What is Error D0100?