The Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Montana’s DLI.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit Montana DLI
You must start the identity verification process from MontanaWorks Claimant Center.
To get started:
- In the Claimant Center, find the “Verify Identity” section in the center of the page.
- Select Verify My Identity.
- Enter the “One-Time Password” provided in the email from MT DLI.
You will be redirected to ID.me to complete the verification process.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits using the Self-Service verification method or on a short video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying your identity on a short video call.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity on a video call with a Video Chat Agent.
After you verify
To complete the verification process, remember to consent to share your information with NJDOL. How you do this depends on the verification method you use:
- Self-service: After you select Allow to share your information, you can sign in to your MontanaWorks account.
- Video Call: There will be one last step to make sure you share your information with NJDOL. Check your email for specific instructions.
Please note, it may take up to 72 hours after you share your identity verification information with Montana for Montana UI to release the identity hold on your claim. Montana DLI will only be notified if you completed your verification if you started at the Montana DLI ID.me website and allowed ID.me to share your information with MT DLI.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners