The Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Montana’s DLI.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit Montana DLI
You must start the identity verification process from MontanaWorks.. To get started:
- Log in to MontanaWorks.
- Select Access Unemployment Claim services.
- In the Unemployment Insurance Options menu, select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for unemployment benefits. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your identity, you can sign in to your MontanaWorks account.
ID.me will alert Montana DLI when your identity has been verified. Montana UI will release the Identity Hold on your claim. Please note, this process may take up to 72 hours to complete after ID.me has successfully verified your identity.
- Montana DLI will not be notified if you completed your verification unless you started at the Montana DLI ID.me website and authorized ID.me AND allowed ID.me to share your information with MT DLI as shown in step five above. If you have an ID.me account for another reason you will still have to use the link provided.
Montana DLI representatives cannot access your ID.me account, help you with the ID.me verification process or tell you where you are in the process. If you have additional questions about ID.me or need further guidance, contact ID.me Support. ID.me will reach out to you only regarding your ticket. Please have the support ticket number provided to you for additional assistance.
- If you have successfully completed identity verification with ID.me, there may be other issues holding up benefit payments on your claim. Log into your MontanaWorks.gov account to view your claim information, or call the DLI Claims Processing Center at 406-444-2545.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.