The Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (Nevada DETR) has partnered with ID.me to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. The article explains how to verify for DETR.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit the Nevada DETR site
To get started:
- Go to the Nevada DETR site.
Select New Claimant Registration to create a new account, or select Existing Claimant.
Note: To create a new Nevada DETR account, follow the prompts to enter your information and accept the User Agreement.
- Sign in to your Nevada DETR account and select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for DETR using self-service or on short video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying your identity on a short video call.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call with a Video Chat Agent.
After you verify
After you have verified your identity, Nevada's DETR will reach out to you if anything further is required. If you completed your verification with a Trusted Referee, follow the steps below to continue with your claim:
- Return to the Nevada DETR site.
- Log in to your Nevada DETR account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
Follow the steps for Nevada DETR, then select Allow and continue them to use your verified identity information.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners