ID.me works with the Job Service North Dakota (JSND) to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify your identity for JSND.
About identity verification
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information with the state agency.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit the Job Service North Dakota site
To get started:
- Visit jobsnd.com and select Unemployment For Individuals, then, select File A Claim.
- Sign in with your existing State of North Dakota account. If you don’t have one, select Create Account and follow the prompts to enter your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Select Verify with ID.me to be redirected to ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits in North Dakota using self-service or on a short video call. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying your identity on a short video call.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call with a Video Chat Agent.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with the JSND, you can log in to your State of North Dakota account by selecting Sign in with ID.me. When prompted to verify your identity, select Verify with ID.me and enter your ID.m username and password.
If you verified your identity over a video call, you must select Allow and continue to complete the process and continue with your application.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.