DC (District of Columbia) Health works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you, and only you, will be able to access your health records. If the information you provided to the District of Columbia Immunization Information System (DOCIIS) is incorrect or incomplete, you will need to verify your identity with ID.me to access your COVID-19 Digital Vaccine Record.
ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not process requests for health records. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for DC Health.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit DC Health
To get started:
- Go to the DC Health Virtual Assistant, select Let us help, then select Continue. Follow the prompts and agree to the Privacy Statement.
- Answer the questions asked by the Virtual Assistant and select who you are submitting on behalf of.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for DC Health. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with the DC Health, you can log in to your DC Health account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.