The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has partnered with ID.me to verify your identity. This article explains how to verify for NCI.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Get started
To start the verification process:
Go to the NCI Identity and Access Management page and sign in with your active CTEP-IAM username and password.
In the Personal Information section, find the ‘ID.me Information’ tab and select ID.me Create an account.
2. Sign in or create an ID.me account
If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password. Otherwise, create a new ID.me account.
To create a new ID.me account:
Enter your email address and password, then select Create account.
- Confirm your email address. For more information, visit Confirming your email address.
- Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to further protect your account. For step-by-step instructions for setting up MFA, go to Getting started with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
3. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for NCI by uploading a photo of a government-issued photo ID or with your phone number. Review the sections below for steps on each verification method:
To verify your identity using a phone number in your name:
- Enter your phone number and date of birth. Ensure that you select the applicable country code for your phone number in the drop-down menu.
- ID.me will text you a link from a 5-digit number.
Select the link to verify your identity.
To verify your identity with a government-issued photo ID:
- Select the government ID you want to upload. You may choose to upload a driver’s license, state ID, passport or passport card.
- Follow the prompts to upload a photo of your government-issued ID. Learn how to take photos of your documents.
- Confirm that the information on your ID is clearly legible in the photo and select Continue.
4. Share your information
After you’re verified, go back and sign in with your ID.me account to consent to sharing your information and access the application. This step securely shares your identity information..
- Review and confirm to make sure all your information is accurate then select Yes at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Allow to finish your identity verification process. This step securely shares your identity information with NCI.
After ID.me verifies your identity, you will receive a confirmation text message.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
The partner you verify for can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting the partner:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners