As an IRS-trusted technology provider, ID.me can help you verify your identity for e-Postcard. Some tax-exempt organizations with an annual reporting requirement can satisfy the requirements by submitting Form 990-N, Electronic Notice. This article explains how you can login to the Form 990-N Electronic Filing System (e-Postcard) with your ID.me account.
Login to access the application
- Go to the IRS application sign in page.
- Select Sign in with ID.me. If you haven’t created an ID.me account, select Create account and confirm your email to begin.
Note: It’s not possible to have more than one verified account. If you already have an ID.me account, sign in instead.
- Enter your email address and password, select Sign in to ID.me, then select Continue.
- Set up a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) method. For steps to set up MFA, select one of the following methods:
- Text Message or Phone Call
- Push Notification
- Code Generator
- NFC-Enabled Security Key
- FIDO Security Key