To update your NY.GOV account settings for the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL), you may be required to verify your identity with ID.me. This includes resetting your password, updating your username, and changing the email address or phone number on your NY.GOV account. This article explains how to contact NYSDOL and update your NY.GOV account settings.
Before you start
- When signing in to ID.me, you must use the same email address you used to register your NY.GOV account.
- If you already have an ID.me account in your name with a different email address, visit How do I change the primary email address in my ID.me account? to change your ID.me email address before requesting updates to your NY.GOV account.
Requesting NYSDOL account updates
- Contact the NYSDOL Contact Center and give them the account details you can provide (such as your email address, username, or Social Security Number).
Tip: To update your NYSDOL username or password, you can also go to the NYSDOL Sign in page and select Forgot Username? or Forgot Password?
- Go to your email address and look for an email from NYSDOL support. Check the spam folder if you do not see the message in your inbox.
- Select Verify with ID.me, or copy the url from the email, to begin verifying your identity. For a step-by-step guide to Identity Verification for NYSDOL, visit How do I verify my identity if I got an email from NYSDOL?
After completing the verification, NYSDOL Contact Center will contact you to assist you with your NY.Gov account.