Walmart partners with ID.me to verify your identity for various Walmart Health & Wellness services, like scheduling virtual care appointments. ID.me is a trusted technology partner to federal and state agencies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, retailers, and nonprofits. This article explains how to use ID.me with Walmart.
Before you verify
You need a phone number in your name or a government-issued photo ID to verify your identity. Acceptable photo IDs include driver’s license, state ID, passport or passport card.
1. Start verification
The verification process starts at Walmart.com:
- Sign in to your Walmart.com account. You may be prompted to verify your identity with ID.me to access services with Walmart.
- Select Verify with ID.me. You will be directed to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Sign in or create an ID.me account
Sign in to your ID.me account or create a new one to verify and securely access your Walmart services. To sign in or create an account:
Enter your email and password, then select Sign in.
If you do not have an existing ID.me account, select Create an ID.me account and follow the prompts to create your account.
3. Verify for Walmart Health and Wellness
You’re now ready to verify your identity with your phone number. If you’ve already verified your identity with ID.me, you may not need to verify again. To verify your identity for Walmart Health and Wellness Services:
To verify using your personal phone and phone number:
- Enter your phone number and date of birth.
- ID.me will text you a link from a 5 digit number. Select the link to verify your identity, then select Continue.
If ID.me can’t verify you identity with your phone number and date of birth, you’ll be asked to verify your identity with a government-issued photo ID:
- Select the government ID you want to upload. You may choose to upload a driver’s license, state ID, passport or passport card.
- Follow the prompts to upload a photo of your government-issued ID. Learn how to take photos of your documents.
- Confirm that the information on your ID is clearly legible in the photo and select Continue.
4. Confirm your information for Walmart
Next, you’ll need to confirm your information:
- Review the details and make sure they are correct. If your information is incorrect, select No and you will be taken back to verify again.
- After reviewing your information is correct, select Yes.
- Select Allow to send your information to Walmart.
After your identity is verified, and you’ve given ID.me permission to share your information with Walmart, you can proceed with accessing Walmart services.
Who is ID.me?
ID.me is a Walmart-trusted technology provider, as well as a trusted technology partner to federal and state agencies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, retailers, and nonprofits.
Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
Walmart partnered with ID.me to better ensure the person accessing your personal information through Walmart Health & Wellness is you—and not someone pretending to be you. We do this all while keeping your personal information protected and secure.
Do I need to verify my identity online?
Yes, you will need to verify your identity through ID.me to take advantage of various Walmart Health & Wellness services offered online, such as accessing your medical records or lab results. This process confirms that you-are-you, and not someone pretending to be you, all while keeping your information safe and secure.
What happens to my personal information after I’ve verified my identity for Walmart?
After successfully verifying your identity—you will be prompted to allow Walmart to receive your:
- First, middle, last name
- Birth date
- Phone, street, city, state, postal code, country
Is my information secure?
Yes. At ID.me, one of our top priorities is the security of user information. The systems that process and store user information are continuously monitored for effectiveness by our dedicated security team.
Our commitment to security is demonstrated by our compliance with security frameworks such as ISO27001, FedRAMP, and SOC2 Trust Services Criteria. ID.me uses certified independent third-parties to assess conformance with our security controls.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.