Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) has partnered with ID.me to verify your identity for access to medical applications that you can share your medical information with. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you-are-you.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
To access medical applications with CT DSS you’ll first need to verify your identity using ID.me.
1. Visit the CT DSS Portal
To get started:
- Go to the Connecticut DSS Portal.
- Select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify your identity
You can use self-service to verify your identity and access your medical information. If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call with an ID.me agent.
For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with the Connecticut DSS, you can log in to the CT DSS patient portal to review and manage what third party applications have access to your medical information. After you have connected to one or more of the available applications, you can use the CT DSS portal to revoke application access to your data.
ID.me does not have access to your medical information or CT DSS portal application activity.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners