The Delaware Department of Finance works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you—and only you—will be able to apply for Delaware’s 2022 Relief Rebate Program. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for the Delaware 2022 Relief Rebate Program.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information with the Delaware Department of Finance.
Before you verify
- You must be a Delaware resident as of December 31, 2021 and over 18 years of age, with a valid Social Security Number.
Note: Individuals who are deceased at the time of application are not qualified to receive a Relief Rebate.
- You will need to upload documents to verify your identity. Review our tips for taking photos with your smartphone or learn how to save and upload documents from your computer.
- When taking a selfie, follow our tips to take a great selfie.
- Learn more about the primary or secondary documents you will need to upload.
1. Visit Delaware DOF
To get started:
- Go to the 2022 Delaware Relief Rebate Portal.
- Select Verify with ID.me.
2. Verify with ID.me
To verify your identity:
- Sign in to your existing ID.me account or create a new one.
Note: If you have previously created an ID.me account with a different email address, don’t create a new one. Learn about why you can’t have more than one account.
- Confirm your email address, if you are creating a new ID.me account.
- Select a multi-factor authentication (MFA) option to make your account even more secure. Available MFA options include:
- Text Message or Phone Call
- Push Notification
- Code Generator
- NFC-Enabled Security Key
- FIDO Security Key
After ID.me verifies your identity, you’ll receive a confirmation text message as a way to protect you from fraud. This step securely shares your identity information with Delaware DOF.
After you verify
After you have successfully verified your identity, either online or with the help of an ID.me Trusted Referee, you can:
- Sign in to the 2022 Delaware Relief Rebate Portal.
- Complete the Rebate application process, or
- Check your Rebate status.
- Manage your ID.me account, including multi-factor authentication
If you have questions about the 2022 Delaware Relief Rebate Program, please review the FAQ section found on 2022 Delaware Relief Rebate Program site.
Manage your ID.me account
Manage multi-factor authentication
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication
Documents weren’t approved
If your documents weren’t approved, you will have another opportunity to upload your documents. For tips to ensure your documents are approved, visit Why were my identity documents not accepted?
When verifying your identity or group membership, you may see a “Duplicate Account” message that asks you to sign in with the original email address you verified with. This means you already verified under a different ID.me account. To learn more, visit Can I have duplicate (two or more) ID.me accounts?.
If you’re having trouble with multi-factor authentication, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
I can’t sign in to my ID.me account
If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.