The ID.me Shop browser extension lets you find and claim military, nurse, responder, teacher, and more community discounts—and earn cash back from your favorite brands while shopping online. The extension is free to add to Google Chrome on desktop. This article explains how to add ID.me Shop’s browser extension and claim discounts.
This extension is only available on desktop, using Google Chrome.
Add the extension
To add the free ID.me Shop extension
- Go to the ID.me Shop extension in Chrome’s web store.
- Select Add to Chrome.
- Shop online as you normally would. When a discount is available, the browser extension will let you know. Select the discount in the browser extension and claim your discount.
How it works
After you add the extension, the ID.me Shop browser extension will pop up to let you know when you are on a site where a discount is available to you. The pop-up shows which discounts or cash back offers options are available for that brand, along with details about the discount. To begin claiming your discount or activating cash back, select the discount or cash back button in the extension’s pop-up. Below are examples of what the pop-ups may look like.
How you claim a discount using the extension varies depending on the ID.me Shop partner’s site you visit.
For some Community discounts (like military and nurse discounts), you’ll sign in to your ID.me account before adding products to your cart. The pop up will let you know what to do. To claim the discount:
- Select the offer in the ID.me Shop extension pop-up. You’ll be redirected to the brand’s landing page.
- Select Verify with ID.me.
- Sign in to your ID.me account, then follow the prompts. If you haven’t done so, verify for a community.
- Add products to your cart, then go to checkout. Your discount will be automatically applied to the total.
Other brands require you to sign in to your ID.me account during checkout. The pop up will let you know what to do. To claim the discount:
- Select the offer from the ID.me Shop extension pop-up. You’ll be redirected to the brand’s site.
- Add products to your cart, then go to checkout.
- On the checkout page, select Verify with ID.me.
- Follow the prompts, then sign in to your ID.me account. If you haven’t done so, verify for a community.
- You’ll be redirected back to checkout, where your discount is automatically applied to the total.
Claim cash back
To activate cash back:
- Select Activate Cash Back or an off you are interested in, shown in the extension pop-up.
- Shop and checkout as you normally would on the brand’s site. Your cash back is automatically applied.
Uninstall the extension
If you’d no longer like to use the ID.me Shop extension, you can uninstall the extension from your browser.
If you’re having trouble claiming a discount, visit I’m having trouble claiming a discount.