If you select Text Message or Phone Call for multi-factor authentication (MFA), you will receive a code via text message or (audio) phone call when you sign in to your ID.me account. Enter the code from the message to complete sign-in.
To set up Text Message or Phone Call for MFA:
1. When you are verifying your identity, you will be prompted to select an MFA method. Select Text Message or Phone Call. (You can also select Text Message or Phone Call on the Sign In & Security tab of your account.)
2. In the step below, enter the phone number you wish to use, then select Text me or Call me.
3. When you click Continue, you will receive a text or (audio) phone call at the number you provided. The message will contain a 6-digit code.
4. In the step below, enter the code you received and click Continue.
When you see the screen below, click Continue to complete set-up.
To sign in to your account after Text Message or Phone Call MFA is set up:
1. Visit your ID.me My Account page and enter your email address and password.
2. Then enter the 6-digit code you received via text or phone to complete sign-in.