Skip to main content
What documents can I use to prove Houston residency?
Residents who live in the City of Houston can prove their residency with one of the following documents:
- Texas Driver's License or ID Card.
- Current Homeowners’ or Renters’ Insurance Policy, Statement, or Card.
- Utility or Residential Service Bill, dated within 90 days of the application date (For example, electric, water, gas, internet, or cable).
- Valid, Unexpired Registration: Texas Voter Registration Card, Motor Vehicle Registration or Title, Boat Registration or Title.
- Current Automobile Insurance Policy, Statement, or Card.
- Texas High School, College, or University Report Card or Transcript for the current school year.
- Valid, Unexpired Concealed Handgun License or License to Carry.
- Property Tax Bill.