When you go to your in-person verification appointment, you’ll need to bring specific documents to verify your identity. This article explains the acceptable documents to verify in person.
In addition to your Registration code, you need to bring 2-3 identity documents to your appointment:
- One identification document must be from the primary list below, and match your current name and date of birth.
- One identification document must contain your current valid US address.
Note: You may be required to bring an additional document that lists your full Social Security Number. Your appointment confirmation email will outline the documents your document requirements.
- State-issued driver’s license
- State ID card, if the state’s identification card standards are the same as for the driver’s license
- U.S. passport or passport card
- Federal, state, or local government agency ID card with photograph
- Note: Military IDs, temporary, and paper documents are not accepted.
- Foreign passport that has a passport number
- U.S. Coast Guard merchant mariner card
- USCIS permanent resident card (I-551)
- USCIS employment authorization card (I-766)
- Canadian driver’s license
- Social Security card
- State government issued certificate of birth
- Marriage certificate (government certificate issued)
- Court order for name change/gender change/adoption/divorce
- Current school ID with photograph
- Draft record
- Native American tribal document
- U.S. government issued consular report of birth abroad
- U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card
- Vehicle Registration / Title
Secondary documents (90 day limit)
These secondary identification documents cannot be older than 90 days. They must also display your full name, current address, and account number, except for pay stubs.
- Bank, loan, or financial institution statement issued by the bank (this must show the full account number, full name, and current address)
- Cable or internet bill
- Electric bill
- Gas bill
- Medical bill
- Phone bill
- Water bill
- Paycheck stub - the financial information can be redacted (removed, marked out, or otherwise hidden)