After you book an in-person appointment and have your “Registration Code,” you’re ready to verify your identity in person. This article explains what you’ll need to do on the day of your in-person verification (IPV) appointment.
IPV appointment checklist
To ensure you can successfully verify your identity, review this checklist before you go to the Identity Network Location:
- Check your appointment confirmation email to confirm the date, time, and location. If you chose the walk-in option, check the Identity Network Location hours before you go in to ensure they’re open.
- Gather the two identity documents you’ll need.
- Save, print, or write down your Registration code. You’ll need either your QR code or 25-character code. If you booked an appointment or walk-in more than one time, ensure you have the most recent Registration Codes.
- Ensure your QR code is active. QR codes expire after 30 days. If the QR code expired, we'll send you an email to renew it. In the email, select Renew now to follow steps to book another appointment.
If you don’t have a mobile device, write down or print your 25-character code and take it to your appointment.
Go to the Identity Network Location
The address of the Identity Network Location for your appointment is in the confirmation email sent to you by ID.me. Most locations follow normal business hours but you may want to check the business hours of your preferred location prior to arriving.
If you have a disability or require assistance in another language, you can bring someone, like a family member, friend, or interpreter, to your appointment.
When you get to the Identity Network Location:
- Find the technician who will help you verify your identity in person. The technician is trained to confirm your identity documents are valid, that your documents belong to you, and match the information you enter.
- Enter your information and Registration Code in the kiosk.
- You will receive a confirmation email after your verification is completed.
After you verify your identity
After verifying in person, you’re verified for that specific state workforce agency. Log back into the agency’s website to proceed. You can use that verification to access benefits for your specific state.