When verifying your military status, you may be asked to upload military documentation. This article lists the documents you can upload to prove your Military status, and explains how to upload them once you’ve arrived at that step.
Military status options:
- Leave & Earnings Statement (LES)
- ORB/ERB (US Army)
- Reserve Activation Orders
- Enlistment Contract
- DD214 form
- NGB form 22
- Reserve Separation Orders
- Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC), or Veteran Identification Card (VIC)
- Driver’s License or DMV-Issued State ID with VETERAN endorsement
- DD214 form (must show 20 years of service or the reason for discharge was retirement)
- NGB form 22 (must show 20 years of service or the reason for discharge was retirement)
- Retiree Account Statement (eRAS)
Family Members and Surviving Spouses
Military spouses and family members can upload any of the military documents listed in the categories above. Surviving Spouses can also submit a Casualty Report (DD Form 1300).
To upload military documentation:
- Select the document type you’d like to upload from the drop down menu.
- Select Choose file. You’ll have the option to take a photo of your document, upload an existing photo, or upload a scanned file.
Tip: When uploading your documents, make sure all four corners of the document are visible in the photo, and there is no glare or blur covering important information.
- Once your document has been uploaded, select Continue.