Verify your military status to access exclusive military discounts in ID.me Shop. You can verify as a service member, retiree, veteran, military spouse, military family member or surviving spouse. This article explains how to verify your military status.
You will start the process in ID.me Shop, go to the partner shop for the offer you’re interested in, then follow the prompts on the partner page to complete verification to redeem your offer.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Military discounts page or search for discounts. Make sure to filter for military discounts only.
- Browse the offers and stores that offer military discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- Add items to your cart, then go to checkout.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for military status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify military status
To verify your military status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- Select Begin.
- Follow the prompts to enter your military information. The information you provide can include:
- Military status - Select the military status that matches your situation. If you’re unsure, visit Which military community should I verify for?
- Service credentials - Enter details about your military service.
- Confirm your legal identity - Ensure your personal information is correct.
- If prompted, enter your .mil email address. Confirm your email by clicking the link in the email in your inbox. If you have trouble verifying your .mil email address, check your spam folder first. For more help, visit I can't confirm my .mil email address.
Upload documentsIf you don’t have a .mil address, select Upload a document as proof of military service, then choose your document type, and choose a file to upload. Review the acceptable documents to verify military status.
To upload military documentation, select the document type you’d like to upload from the drop down menu. Select Choose file. You’ll have the option to take a photo of your document, upload an existing photo, or upload a scanned file.
You'll see the screen below if your military verification is successful.
Troubleshooting military verification
For issues verifying your military status, visit Troubleshooting military verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the military discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble claiming a discount.