Code generator multi-factor authentication (MFA) strengthens your ID.me account security by requiring you to enter a temporary 6-digit code from the ID.me Authenticator app to sign in to your ID.me account. This article explains how to set up MFA using the code generator and how to sign in after you set it up.
For help with common MFA issues, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Before you start
- To save time during setup, you can download the free ID.me Authenticator app beforehand by going to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Learn about system requirements to use the ID.me Authenticator app.
- While not all ID.me partners require you to set up MFA for your ID.me account, we recommend using MFA to protect your account from scams and phishing attempts.
Set up code generator MFA
To set up the code generator MFA method for the first time:
- Select Code Generator Application when prompted to choose an MFA method.
- Select Text message or Email and enter your phone number or email address. ID.me sends you a link to enroll in the code generator. Alternatively, you can select Enroll with barcode / secret key, then scan the code or enter the secret key.
- Select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to install the ID.me Authenticator app if you haven't already, then select the activation link.
Note: If you choose to receive the link via email, open and select the link on the device where the ID.me Authenticator app will be used.
- After you activate the code generator, it will generate a 6-digit code every 30 seconds. he 6-digit code looks like this.
- Enter the 6-digit code in the field provided to confirm your device and name your device. For example, you could name it “My iPhone” or “My Android.” This way, if you add a new device in the future, you can tell the difference between devices.
- Select Continue to complete the set-up process.
Add code generator MFA
If you previously set up a different MFA method, you can add code generator MFA as a secondary MFA method. This won’t replace the first MFA method you set up. To add code generator MFA:
- Sign in to your ID.me account, using your existing MFA method.
- In your account dashboard, select Sign in & Security.
- Go to “Push Notification” and select Set up.
- When prompted, complete your sign in using your current MFA method.
- Select Text me or Call me to choose how you’d like to receive the download link for the ID.me Authenticator app. Enter your phone number or email, then select Continue.
- Select the link in the text message or email you receive.
- After the app is downloaded, enter the 6-digit code from the ID.me Authenticator app and add a name for your device, then select Continue.
In your ID.me account, you’ll see the code generator was added as an MFA method.
Sign in with code generator
After you set up your code generator, we’ll prompt you to complete sign in using this method. During the sign in process, you will need to find the 6-digit code in your ID.me Authenticator app. To sign in:
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- Select Code Generator for MFA.
- When you are prompted to enter your 6-digit code, open your ID.me Authenticator app and enter the code that displays. A new code is generated every 30 seconds. Enter your code before the timer reaches zero.
Review the information below for troubleshooting specific to code generator MFA.
For help with general MFA issues, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Delete extra code generator codes
If you set up the code generator MFA on your device, delete it as an MFA method, then add code generator again—you’ll see multiple sets of codes in the code generator.
To sign in to your ID.me account, you’ll need to use the code that you most recently added. To prevent confusion, we recommend deleting older sets of codes.
To delete a code:
- Open the ID.me Authenticator app on your device.
- Find the code you’d like to delete, swipe left, then select Delete.
- Select Delete to confirm and remove the code.
I didn’t receive a link to download the ID.me Authenticator app
You can send a download link for the ID.me Authenticator app to your smartphone via text message or to your email address. If you already have an authenticator app, select Scan QR Code or Enter Secret Key.
If you don’t receive the link:
- Confirm you have reliable WiFi and internet connection.
- Confirm you have the most up-to-date operating system installed on your device.
- Restart your device.
- If you’re using a tablet, try a smartphone.
- Try again to set up code generator MFA.