If you set up more than one multi-factor authentication method and no longer want to use one method, you can delete it from your account.
To ensure your ID.me account is secure, we require you to have at least one MFA method set up. This article explains how to delete an MFA method.
Before you start
- If you have MFA set up, it’s not possible to remove all MFA methods from your account. This is to help ensure your account remains secure.
- To change your MFA method or learn more about other MFA methods, visit Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
Delete your MFA method
To delete an MFA sign in method:
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- In your account dashboard, select Sign in & Security.
- In the “Security” tab, you’ll find all of the MFA methods you’ve set up.
- Find the MFA sign-in method you'd like to delete, then select the trash can icon “🗑.”
- Select Delete to remove the MFA method.
Note: If you have trouble setting up or managing your MFA method, or if you see an MFA-related error message, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.