There are times when you may need to join a Zoom video call with ID.me Support. This article explains how to test and download Zoom, along with best practices to ensure you are ready to join the call.
Before you get started, decide which device you want to use to join the ID.me video call. For example, you can download Zoom to computers or smartphones. Below are instructions to download Zoom:
It's possible to use Zoom without downloading it to your computer. Select the link to join the call and a browser version of Zoom should open. Try testing your device before downloading Zoom to your computer.
If you are prompted, you can download the Zoom desktop client to your computer. If you’re using a Mac, Zoom has in-depth instructions to install the application. Keep in mind Zoom has system requirements for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Visit Zoom’s instructions to download the Zoom mobile app.
Test your device
Before you join the video call with a Video Chat Agent, we recommend testing your device to ensure your camera, speaker and microphone are working properly. To join a test meeting:
- Go to: https://zoom.us/test and select Join. You will be prompted to open Zoom.
- The test will prompt you to join with audio or test your speaker and microphone.
- To begin the test, select Start Video.
- Follow the prompts to confirm you see yourself, hear a ringtone, and can record your voice using a microphone.
- Zoom will confirm If your camera, speaker, and microphone are working properly. From there, you can end the test meeting.
Join the Zoom video call
After you have tested your audio and video, use the link sent to you by ID.me to join the Zoom video call. If you were notified to join the Zoom call at a specific date and time, make sure to join the call on time.
After joining the call, you may be placed in a waiting room. Wait there until the ID.me Agent joins the call.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom, here are troubleshooting and other how-to resources:
- Troubleshooting Zoom meetings
- Zoom how-to video tutorials
- Getting started with Zoom
- Frequently asked questions