Sterling works with ID.me to review and verify the documents you upload in Section 1 of the Form I-9 to complete Section 2. You will provide your information in Live Chat, then join a Zoom video call to show your documents to an ID.me I-9 Document Review Specialist. This article explains how to verify and complete Section 2 of your Form I–9.
What you’ll need
- Completed Section 1 of Form I-9 before joining the chat and video call.
- The same documents you uploaded in Section 1. Review the list of Form I-9 Acceptable Documents. You’ll show these documents to the ID.me Document Review Specialist.
- Your unique identifier or Report ID.
- Zoom downloaded to your device.
1. Get started
To get started:
- Follow the link from Section 1 of the I-9 portal or from the Sterling email to the I-9 Live Chat landing page.
- Enter your name and email address, then select Start chat to join a chat.
2. Join Live Chat
After you’re in the chat:
- Wait for an ID.me I-9 Document Review Specialist to join. They’ll look for your Form I-9 record using a unique URL that they’ll get using your email address. If they have difficulty locating your I-9 verification, you may need to provide the unique identifier that Sterling emailed to you.
- Confirm you have the necessary documents to verify.
- You’ll receive a link to join a Zoom call in the chat. After selecting it, make sure to allow access to your device’s camera and microphone.
3. Join a Zoom video call
After you join the video call:
- When prompted by the ID.me I-9 Document Review Specialist, show the documents that you uploaded to Section 1 of Form I-9.
- Give the ID.me I-9 Document Review Specialist a moment to enter the required information from your documents.
- You can disconnect from the Zoom call and Live Chat after your ID.me I-9 Document Review Specialist confirms your Form I-9 verification is complete.
Your employer will receive a notification shortly and they’ll follow up with you about any next steps.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom, learn more about using and troubleshooting Zoom.
Can I come back if I don’t have my documents ready?
Yes. If you don’t have your documents nearby, you can come back at another time. Find the Sterling I-9 email you received and select the link to return to the Live Chat queue.
Do I need to download Zoom to my smartphone?
Can I verify if I don’t speak English?
Yes, we can still help you verify in non-English languages if you have an interpreter with you for the Live Chat and video call.