Depending on our volume of verifications, you may see long and/or fluctuating wait time estimates for Trusted Referee video calls. Wait times may go up at certain times of day when there are lots of people on the site. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We recommend the following best practices to ensure that your identity verification is completed as quickly as possible:
Device and Internet Connection
- We strongly recommend waiting on a laptop, computer, or tablet instead of your cell phone.
- Plug in your device to a power source to make sure it has sufficient charge for the estimated wait time.
- If you are connected to the internet via WiFi, be sure you are in a place with good coverage so you don't lose your connection.
Make Sure You’re Ready
- If you have less than 30 minutes left on your current estimated wait-time, please do not step away from your device – the wait time may go down rapidly at this point and you don’t want to miss your appointment!
- If you’re going to step away from your device while you wait, disable any power-saving settings to make sure you don’t lose your place in the queue.
- Refresh your screen periodically to make sure your session is still active and to see the most current estimated wait-time.
Save and Return Later
- If you are unable to wait online right now, click Save and Return Later. This enables you to save your uploaded documents and return at a more convenient time.
The Save and Return Later button does not keep your place in line, but it does give you a link to use to come back at another time. When you return, you will re-enter at the back of the queue, but you will not have to re-upload your documents.
- During the call, you must have your original physical documents that you uploaded in hand to present live on-camera to the ID.me Trusted Referee.