If we can't confirm your Social Security number (SSN) by checking with credit bureaus, we will ask you for an additional document.
You can prove your SSN with one of the following documents that shows your asserted legal name. (Name change documents are not acceptable.)
- U.S. Social Security Card
- DD214 with full SSN
- NGB 22 with full SSN
- W-2 Form with full SSN (including W-2C, W-2G, etc.)
- SSA-1099 Form with full SSN (including SSA-1099-SM, SSA-1099-R-OP1, etc.)
- Non-SSA 1099 Form with full SSN (including 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.)
- 1098 Form with full SSN (including 1098-C, etc.)
- Bank, loan, or financial documents with full SSN
- Pay stub with full SSN
Tax forms that you complete yourself, such as 1040, are not acceptable as proof of your SSN.
After you make your selection, we will ask you to take a photo of the document you selected.
We will send a link to your device. Tap the link to continue.
Follow the prompts to take a photo of the document you selected.
You will also be asked to take photos of other documents, and submit a selfie. When all photos have been taken, click to Continue. You are now ready for your Trusted Referee session.