If we can't confirm your Social Security number (SSN) by checking with credit bureaus, we will ask you for an additional document.
You can prove your SSN with one of the following documents that shows your asserted legal name. (Name change documents are not acceptable.)
- U.S. Social Security Card
- DD214 with full SSN
- NGB 22 with full SSN
- W-2 Form with full SSN (including W-2C, W-2G, etc.)
- SSA-1099 Form with full SSN (including SSA-1099-SM, SSA-1099-R-OP1, etc.)
- Non-SSA 1099 Form with full SSN (including 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.)
- 1098 Form with full SSN (including 1098-C, etc.)
- Bank, loan, or financial documents with full SSN
- Pay stub with full SSN
NOTE: Tax forms that you complete yourself, such as 1040, are not acceptable as proof of your SSN.