MGM Resorts works with ID.me to verify the identity of MGM guests so they can access features on the MGM mobile app. This article explains how to verify your identity to view your reservation information and access your digital room key.
Before you verify
To verify, you’ll need:
- MGM Rewards mobile app
- A smartphone
- Email address
- Driver's license, state ID, passport, passport card
1. Download MGM Rewards
To get started, download and open the MGM Rewards mobile app on your device:
2. How to start
To get started:
- Open the MGM Rewards mobile app.
- Select Sign in with ID.me.
3. Sign in or create an ID.me account
On the ID.me sign-in page, sign in to your existing account. If you don’t have an ID.me account, select Create an ID.me account.
- Sign in: Enter the email address and password for your ID.me account.
- Create an account: Enter an email address and password for your ID.me account, then confirm your email address. After confirming, you’ll be redirected to begin verification.
4. Verify your identity
To verify your identity, upload a government-issued photo-ID. On the verification method screen:
- Select driver’s license or state ID, Passport, or Passport card.
- Follow the prompts to take a photo of your document or choose your document from your device. You may need to upload the front and back of your document.
- Take photo: Enter your phone number, select the link in the text message you receive, then follow the prompts.
- Choose image: Upload your document from your device.
- After you’ve taken the photo or select it from your device, select Submit.
5. Share your information
Follow the prompts to review and confirm your details, then Allow to consent to share your information with MGM.
After you verify
After verifying your identity, you can use your digital key to unlock the door to your room.
Verify using your phone number
If you have trouble verifying your identity using ID.me, you can verify using your phone number. After you open the MGM Rewards app, enter your phone number and birthdate, select Continue, then follow the prompts.
My document was rejected
If we can’t verify your document, make sure to follow our photo best practices, then try again to upload your document. You can also choose to upload a different document.
I didn’t receive a text message link
To take photos of your documents using your smartphone, you’ll enter your phone number when prompted and receive a text from ID.me’s 5-digit number. If you don't get the text, visit I didn't receive a text message to take a photo or selfie.
I can’t take a photo of my document
You may need to grant permission to access your camera.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
For help or questions about your reservation or digital room key, contact MGM Resorts or visit the Front Desk.