During the verification process, you can take photos of documents or upload documents from your smartphone. This article offers tips when taking photos of your documents and how to download and find files on your smartphone.
You can also save and upload document photos using your computer.
Tips to take document photos
When taking photos of your documents, follow the tips below:
Do not cover information
Ensure all 4 corners are visible
Ensure the camera is focused by tapping the screen until the document is clear
To avoid glare from appearing on your document:
- Hold the document in your hand, or set it on a flat, contrasting surface
- Avoid direct overhead lighting
- Hold the smartphone at a 30-40 degree angle
- Turn off the flash
Minimal glare on the document is okay, as long as the information is legible and clear.
Download a file
You may need to download a file to your smartphone so you have it to upload during the verification process. The steps differ, depending on your device:
- iPhone – In Safari, go to where the .pdf file is located. Tap Share, select Save to files, then select Save.
- Android – For steps to download a .pdf file in Google Chrome, visit Google’s Help Center.
Find files or photos
If you already have a file or photo of your document on your phone, look for them in the location you saved it to. The location will differ, depending on your device:
- iPhone – Photos app or Files folder. Learn to find files on your iPhone.
- Android – Photos, Downloads, or My Files folder. Learn to find files on your Android.
Upload files or photos
After you have taken a photo of your documents or found the file on your smartphone, upload the file or photo when prompted.