When you create an ID.me account, you’ll use your email address and password to sign in to your account. This article explains how to sign in if you forget your password.
Reset your password
When resetting your password, keep in mind:
- It can take up to 10 minutes to receive the password reset email.
- If you can’t sign in using multi-factor authentication (MFA) and don’t have your recovery code, contact Member Support.
To reset your password:
- Go to the ID.me sign in page.
- Select Forgot password.
- Enter your ID.me account email address, then select Continue.
- Go to your email inbox. You’ll receive an email reset password with the subject line: ID.me - Your password reset link. If you don’t see the email, check your spam folder.
- In the email, select Reset your password.
- We’ll prompt you to authenticate using your preferred multi-factor authentication (MFA) sign-in method, if it’s turned on. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Enter your new password, then select Continue. Your case-sensitive password must be at least eight characters long, and contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number.
A message displays to confirm your password reset was successful.