You can reset your account’s password if you don’t remember the password for your account. This article explains how to sign in if you forget your password.
If you don’t have access to your email, get locked out of your account, or see your account is suspended, visit I can’t sign in to my account.
1. Request your password reset
To request a password reset:
- Go to the ID.me sign in page.
- Select Forgot password.
- Enter your ID.me account email address, then select Continue.
- Go to your email inbox. You’ll receive an email reset password with the subject line: ID.me - Your password reset link. It can take up to 10 minutes to receive the password reset email. If you don’t see the email, check your spam folder.
- In the email, select Reset your password. In the new window, select Continue.
2. Complete multi-factor authentication
To sign in with your MFA method:
- Select the multi-factor authentication method you set up.
- Use your mobile device to complete the sign-in.
3. Enter your new password
After you complete MFA authentication, enter your new password, then select Continue.
Your case-sensitive password must be at least eight characters long, and contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number.
A message displays to confirm your password reset was successful.