Verify your student status to access exclusive student discounts in ID.me Shop. This is for students who are actively pursuing higher education. This article explains how to verify your student status.
You will start the process in ID.me Shop, go to the partner shop for the offer you’re interested in, then follow the prompts on the partner page to complete verification and redeem your offer.
Before you verify
- To be eligible, you must be actively enrolled in an accredited, government-recognized, public or private university or college that grants degrees or certificates.
- If you need to upload documents to verify you’re a student, here’s how to create a digital copy of your document.
- After graduation, remember to verify as an alumni. This way, you can continue to access exclusive ID.me deals and offers.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
Where you start in ID.me Shop depends on if you are a student in the United States or Canada.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Students discount page or search for discounts, and filter for student discounts only.
- Browse the stores that offer student discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me, usually at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for student status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Canadian Student offers, then browse the available offers. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select the retailer’s card. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify student status
To verify you student status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
Enter your school name and personal information to confirm your school enrollment.
Note: If your college or university isn’t listed, select the school that most closely matches the name of the school you attend, provide your personal information, then upload your documents.
To upload your documents, choose the document type you’d like to use and upload the corresponding acceptable student documents. Uploading documents is only required if we can’t find your information in the national database we use.
You’ll see the screen below if your student verification is successful.
Troubleshooting student verification
For issues verifying your student status, visit Troubleshooting student verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the student discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble claiming a discount.