Verify your teacher status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. You can verify as a teacher, principal, school employee, or university or college professor. This article explains how to verify your teacher status.
You will start the process in ID.me Shop, go to the partner shop for the offer you’re interested in, then follow the prompts on the partner page to complete verification and redeem your offer.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
Where you start in ID.me Shop depends on if you are a teacher in the United States or Canada.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Teachers discounts page or search for discounts, and filter for teacher discounts only.
- Browse the stores that offer teacher discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me, usually at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for teacher status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Canadian Teacher offers, then browse the available offers. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select the retailer’s card. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout.
- Select Canadian Teacher, then select Continue to sign in. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify teacher status
To verify your teacher status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- Select I am licensed by my state, or select I do not have my state license number to verify by uploading documentation.
- In the dropdown, select the state where you are an educator.
- Select Begin and follow the prompts to enter your personal and teacher information. This includes entering your Social Security number, if you haven’t previously verified your identity using your SSN.
Note: Providing your SSN makes sure your account can never be duplicated—whether accidentally by you or in a malicious attempt by someone pretending to be you. To learn more, visit Why does ID.me ask for my Social Security number?
If you choose to upload documents, make sure to use a document that is acceptable for your job title or position. Review the acceptable documents to verify teacher status.
You’ll see the screen below if your teacher verification is successful.
Troubleshooting teacher verification
For issues verifying your teacher status, visit Troubleshooting teacher verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the teacher discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble claiming a discount.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners