Several factors may cause your student verification attempt to be unsuccessful. This article explains issues you may have and how to fix them.
My school isn't listed
If your school isn’t listed, you can still enter your personal information and upload documents to get verified. When verifying your student status, select the school that most closely matches the name of the school you attend, provide your personal information, then upload your document.
Information not accepted
The personal or student information you enter during the student verification process may not match the records we use for verification. To get verified, you may need to upload acceptable student documentation.
Documents were rejected
If the documents you upload during verification were rejected, we will send you an email with details about why they were rejected. Make sure the document you upload:
- Uses our document photo best practices.
- Includes your first and last name.
- Matches the document type you chose. For example, if you chose Student ID as the document type, make sure you uploaded a clear image of your Student ID.
- Include all of the information needed for verification. This varies based on the document you choose to upload.
Expired Community card
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners