You can approve your sign-in or view code generator codes using Apple Watch and Android smartwatches. To use your smartwatch for multi-factor authentication (MFA), you must download and install the ID.me Authenticator app, then set up MFA using push notifications or code generator. This article explains how to approve your MFA sign-in using your smartwatch.
What to know
- You can use the Apple Watch to approve sign-in using push notifications and code generator. For Android smartwatches, you can only approve sign-in when you set up push notifications.
- For details about how to install apps on your phone or smartwatch, visit your smartwatch provider’s documentation.
Push Notification sign-in
To approve your sign-in on your smartwatch:
- Download the ID.me Authenticator app from the App Store or Google Play Store and set up Push Notification MFA.
- Sign in to your ID.me account and select Push Notification as your MFA sign-in method.
- View your smartwatch and tap Approve to finish signing in.
Code Generator sign-in
To approve your sign-in on your Apple Watch:
- Download the ID.me Authenticator app from the App Store and set up push notifications.
- Sign in to your ID.me account and select Code Generator as your MFA sign-in method.
- On your Apple Watch, tap the ID.me app icon.
- Select the account you’re signing into.
- View the sign-in code on your Apple Watch and enter the code on your ID.me account sign-in page to finish signing-in.