Verify your medical status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. To verify, you must enter your National Provider Identifier (NPI) or upload a medical document. This article explains how to verify your medical status if you have a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To learn which medical provider job titles are eligible and not eligible, visit Medical eligibility.
If you are not eligible to verify your medical status, but work at a hospital, verify your status by following the steps in Verifying your hospital employee status.
Some partners may require nurses to complete a medical provider verification to access certain discounts. If you are a nurse, you can verify as both a medical provider and a nurse. For nurse verification steps, visit Verifying as a nurse.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
Where you start in ID.me Shop depends on if you are a first responder in the United States or Canada.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Medical discounts page or search for discounts. Make sure to filter for medical discounts only.
- Browse the offers and stores that offer medical discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying your medical provider status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Canadian Medical offers, then browse the available offers. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select the retailer’s card. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout.
- Select Canadian Doctor, then select Continue to sign in. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify your medical status
To verify your medical status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- For U.S. medical providers, select Verify as a medical provider to verify using your NPI or select Upload a Medical Document to verify by uploading a medical document. For Canadian medical providers, skip to the next step.
- Select Begin.
The information you enter depends on how you verify:
NPI: Enter your personal information, select your “Provider Type”, and enter your NPI number. Review your information, and if everything is correct, select Continue.
Note: If you don’t have an NPI number, follow the steps in Verifying your medical status without an NPI.
- MINC: For Canadian doctors, enter your Medical Identification Number (MINC) and select which province you live in.
- NPI: Enter your personal information, select your “Provider Type”, and enter your NPI number. Review your information, and if everything is correct, select Continue.
- If you are required to upload documents, enter your personal information, then select Continue. Review the acceptable documents to verify medical status. Select a document type, then select Choose file and select the file from your device. Select Continue to upload and submit your document.
- Select Allow to share your information with the partner.
If your verification isn’t approved, select Retry verification to start again. Make sure:
- You enter your information correctly.
- The document type you choose matches the document you upload.
- You upload an acceptable verification document and follow our document best practices.
For more help verifying your medical status, visit Troubleshooting medical verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the medical discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble claiming a discount.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners