[NOTE: If you linked to this article from the verification flow, skip to step 7 below.]
To verify your status as a Medical Provider without an NPI number:
1. Visit any partner website offering deals or discounts for Medical Providers (Professionals).
2. Sign in to your ID.me account or create a new account. During that process, select Medical Professional on the screen below, and Continue to sign in. (If you are a Nurse, you could also verify as a Nurse.)
3. Select a verification option. For our example, we will click the Start now button for Verify using your phone number.
4. Enter your mobile phone number and date of birth, then click Continue.
5. Click the link in the text message we send you, and you'll see the following page on your phone.
6. Switch back to the device you used to initiate verification. Confirm that your personal information is correct and click Continue.
7. When you get to the screen below, stop. Without an NPI number, you will need to email us documentation of your Medical Provider status.
Email hcp.support@ID.me the following information:
In the subject line, include your occupational title, e.g. Pharmacist Verification.
Include the following information in the body of your email:
- Email address associated with your ID.me account
- License Number
Attach one of the following acceptable documents:
- Unexpired employment ID card
- Valid, unexpired medical license or certificate
- Employment letter
NOTE: To be acceptable, your document must contain your full name, or a name and an initial (e.g. John Smith, J. Smith, and John S. are all acceptable), and show your occupational title. If the name on the document is different from the personal information in your ID.me account, please also attach documentation of your name change, like a marriage certificate.
You will receive an email from Member Support when your status as a Medical Provider has been verified. You can then access all deals and discounts offered to Medical Providers.