If you are verifying as a medical provider, but do not have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), you can upload a document or enter your Nurse License number (if you are verifying as a nurse). This article explains how to continue your medical provider verification without an NPI number.
Note: If you have an NPI number, you can also follow the steps on Verifying as a medical provider.
To get started:
- Visit any partner website offering discounts for medical providers or visit ID.me Shop.
- Sign in to your ID.me account or create a new account.
- Select Medical Professional, then select Continue to sign in.
Note: Some partners may require nurses to complete a medical provider verification in order to access certain offers. If you are a nurse, you can verify as both a medical provider and a nurse to make sure that you can access all offers available to you. For more information, visit Verifying as a Nurse.
Verify as a medical provider without NPI
To verify your status as a medical provider without using NPI:
- To begin verifying your status, select the Don’t have an NPI number? link.
Note: If you have an NPI number, you can follow steps on Verifying as a medical provider.
- Enter your information. You will be asked to provide your Social Security Number. For more information visit Why does ID.me ask for my Social Security Number.
- Select your “Provider Type.”
Note: If you are a nurse, you will have the option to enter your nurse license information by following the steps below. If you select a “Provider Type” other than nurse, you will have the option to upload a document.
- Select the "I don’t have an NPI number" box, then select Continue.
- If you are a nurse, enter your license state and number. If we can’t verify you with that information, you must upload a document.
- Select a “Document Type” and Choose File to upload one of the following documents:
- Unexpired employment ID card
- Valid, unexpired medical license or certificate
- Employment letter
If your document is approved, you will see a screen that says "You're Verified." Select Continue to proceed to your discount.