You must choose a teacher sub-community, also referred to as a subgroup, when verifying your teacher status. If you choose a sub-community that doesn’t apply to you, you can change it to a different one. For example, you may have initially verified as a school employee but meant to verify as a classroom teacher. This article explains how to change your teacher sub-community.
Change teacher sub-community
To change your teacher sub-community:
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- Go to “My IDs,” then select Manage IDs.
- Select your teacher card.
- Select Reverify ID. You will be directed to the screen to start the verification process.
- Select I am licensed by my state, or select I do not have my state license number to verify by uploading documentation.
- Select Begin. For steps to complete the re-verification, visit Verifying your teacher status.
Upload teacher documentation
We recommend using the upload teacher documentation option. For a list of acceptable teacher documents, visit Documents to verify teacher status.
After changing it
After changing your sub-community, your new card will display in your ID.me Wallet. Below is an example of a teacher card. If your new card doesn’t display, you may need to clear your cache or cookies.
Select Find Discounts to see what offers are available to you with your teacher credential.