By scheduling appointments with a Video Chat Agent (also known as Trusted Referees), you can finish verifying your identity at a time that’s convenient for you—instead of waiting in line for the next available video call. This article explains how to schedule, change, cancel, and join a video call appointment.
Before you start
- You must upload your documents and have them approved before you can schedule an appointment.
- All appointments display in your time zone.
- You can schedule appointments up to one week in advance.
Schedule your appointment
After we approve your uploaded documents, you’ll be prompted to wait for the next available video call. An estimated wait time will display in the same window. If you don’t have time to wait or would like to come back another time, you can instead schedule an appointment. To schedule a video call appointment:
- Select Schedule an appointment.
- In the “Date” dropdown menu, select a day that works best for you. You can choose a date up to one week in advance.
- In the “Time” dropdown menu, select a time. If you’re scheduling an appointment on the same day, the earliest appointment available is two hours from the current time.
- Select Schedule appointment to confirm your appointment.
In the appointment confirmation window, you’ll see the time and date of your appointment. We’ll also send you an email confirmation with a link to join the video call. From there, you can change or cancel your appointment.
Change your appointment
If you’re no longer available for the appointment you scheduled, you can change your appointment.
To change your appointment from your appointment confirmation email:
- Go to the appointment email confirmation you received and select Change or cancel appointment.
- Choose a new date and time
- Select Schedule an appointment.
If you just scheduled your appointment:
- Select Change appointment date and time.
- Select Yes, change my appointment.
- Choose a new time and time.
- Select Schedule appointment.
You’ll receive a new email with your updated appointment information.
Cancel your appointment
If you schedule an appointment and decide to cancel it, you can. To cancel your appointment:
- Go to the appointment email confirmation you received and select Change or cancel appointment. You can also cancel your appointment right after scheduling your appointment.
- Select Cancel appointment, then select Yes, change my appointment.
- Select Rejoin the waiting room. You’ll be taken back to the waiting room for the next available video call.
Join your appointment
You’ll receive an email reminder on the day of your appointment. You will be prompted to join the waiting room five minutes before your confirmed appointment time. This way, you can ensure you have the necessary physical documents ready for your call and fix any technical issues you may have. If you don’t have your documents ready to present on the call, we cannot complete your identity verification.
To join your appointment:
- Select Check in for my appointment from your original appointment confirmation email or from your day-of appointment reminder email. You can also check into your appointment by signing in to your account.
- Sign in to your ID.me account.
- In the “Are you ready?” window that displays, confirm you have your document and consent to the recording of your video call, then select Join video call.
- Wait for your Video Chat Agent to arrive.
If you miss your appointment
If you miss your scheduled appointment, you can schedule a new appointment.