When verifying your identity with a Trusted Referee, be sure to carefully follow all instructions and prompts when uploading your identity documents.
For tips on how to avoid delays and ensure that your documents will be accepted on the first try, watch the video below, or scroll down to read more.
- Don't upload the same document twice. You must upload a separate document for each category. Click here to learn more about primary and secondary documents.
- Use only legible, valid, current documents. Make sure the document isn’t damaged or illegible. Any statement or bill must be dated in the last 90 days, and the address and name must match the other documents and the personal information you have entered.
- Be ready to prove name changes. If your name has changed, be ready to submit documentation of the change, e.g. a marriage license.
- Use only unexpired documents. Expired documents are not acceptable.
- Prevent image errors. When taking a digital photo of your document, be sure that all four corners are visible, and that there is no glare or other obstruction. Click here for more tips.
- Submit both the front and back of documents when prompted. Some documents (like driver's licenses) have important information on the back. Submit an image of the back of the document whenever prompted.
- Do not use photocopies. All documents submitted must be originals.