ID.me works with the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. This article explains how to verify your identity for LWC.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
1. Get started
Visit the Louisiana Workforce Commission website. Log in to your HiRE account. Follow prompts from Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC), then follow the instructions below to verify your identity.
2. Verify with ID.me
After you have signed in to LWC, you’ll be directed to verify your identity with self-service. For full steps on how to verify your identity, visit, Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you are not able to complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you have verified your identity, either through self-service or over a video call, you’ll be directed to the LWC application to continue your progress with the requested online service.
If you verified successfully with a video call, follow these instructions to continue your application process:
- Return to the Louisiana Workforce Commission’s HiRE site.
- Select click here to restart the claims filing process.
- When you see the green ID.me button, sign in with your ID.me account and select Allow to share your information with the Louisiana Workforce Commission.
After you select Allow, you can continue filing your claim for unemployment benefits. You can now view your ID.me identity credential anytime by logging into your ID.me account.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
If you need additional assistance with your benefit application or believe this information was sent to you in error, contact the Louisiana Workforce Commission at 1-866-783-5567.