The South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW) works with ID.me to verify claimants requesting benefits and services online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for South Carolina DEW.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
In addition, ID.me has built rigorous security and privacy requirements into our technology. Learn more about ID.me’s Privacy Bill of Rights and how your information is protected.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Visit South Carolina DEW
To get started:
- Go to the DEW MyBenefits portal.
- Sign in with your DEW account, or select Register to create a new account.
- Select Verify with ID.me, and follow the steps below to verify your identity.
2. Verify your identity
You can use the self-service verification method to verify your identity for South Carolina DEW. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with, you can log in to your South Carolina DEW account by selecting Sign in with ID.me.
If you completed your verification with a Trusted Referee, follow the steps below to continue with your claim:
- Return to the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce portal.
- Log in with your South Carolina credentials.
- Select Verify with ID.me and enter your ID.me username and password.
- Select Allow and continue to complete the process and continue with your application.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.