Military OneSource, part of the U.S. Department of Defense's (DOD) network of support for the military community, works with ID.me to verify active military, military family members, and military spouses to access benefits and resources through Military OneSource. This article explains how to verify your identity for Military OneSource.
Verify your identity
To verify your identity for Military OneSource, you’ll need to provide the necessary documentation and selfie.
1. Log in to Military OneSource
To get started verifying for Military OneSource:
- Go to Military OneSource.
- In the header at the top right of the page, select Login.
- Accept the notice and consent, then select Proceed to Login.
- Select Sign in with ID.me.
2. Upload documents and submit a selfie
To verify your identity using self-service verification:
- If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password.
To create an ID.me account, select Create an ID.me account, enter your email address and password, then confirm your email address.
- Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) to make your account even more secure.
Tip: If you’re setting up MFA for the first time, make sure to save or download your recovery code to ensure you always have access to your ID.me account.
- Upload photos of your document. Acceptable documents include driver’s license, state ID, passport, passport card. You may need to upload the front and back of your documents.
- Take and submit a video selfie.
Tip: If you're unable to take a video selfie, you’ll have the option to do a quick video call with a trusted referee. For more information, visit Selfie Troubleshooting.
- Enter your Social Security Number if you are creating a new account.
- Review and confirm your information.
- Select Allow and continue to share your identity information with Military OneSource.
After you share your information, you’ll be redirected to Military OneSource.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Below are articles we recommend if you have trouble completing the verification process.
Upload identity documents
Take a selfie
- Best practices for taking a selfie
- Taking a video selfie with a smartphone or computer and webcam
- My selfie didn't work