Verify your government employee status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. This article explains how to verify your government employee status.
You will start the process in ID.me Shop, go to the partner shop for the offer you’re interested in, then follow the prompts on the partner page to complete verification to redeem your offer.
To be eligible, you must be a current government employee at the federal, state, or local level.
Retired government employees and government contractors are not eligible.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Government Employee discounts page or search for discounts. Make sure to filter for government employee discounts only.
- Browse the offers and stores that offer government employee discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for government employee status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify government employee status
To verify your government employee status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- Choose to verify using your government email address or uploading government documentation.
- Select Begin.
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal and government employee information.
Note: If the government agency you work for isn’t in the drop-down list, select Other.
Email address - Enter the government email address you use for work, then select Continue. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete verification. Select the link in the email.
Tip: Check your spam or junk folder if the confirmation email isn’t in your inbox.
- Document upload - Review the acceptable documents to verify government employee status.
- Email address - Enter the government email address you use for work, then select Continue. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete verification. Select the link in the email.
- If you choose document upload, select a document type, select Choose file, then select the file from your device. Select Continue to upload and submit your document.
- After your documents are accepted, select Allow to share your information with the partner shop.
If your verification isn’t approved, select Retry verification to start again. Make sure:
- You enter your information correctly.
- The document you choose matches the document you upload.
- You upload an acceptable verification document and follow our document best practices.
For more help verifying your government employee status, visit Troubleshooting government employee verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the government employee discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble claiming a discount.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners