If you verified for an ID.me community and are struggling to claim an exclusive discount, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take before contacting the retailer for help. This article explains how to confirm that your community verification was successful and how to confirm you shared your information with the retailer.
We also share tips for describing your issue to retailers if you need to contact them.
Who to contact for help
It’s important to know who you need to contact for specific issues. Use the table below to determine who you may need to contact.
|Contact ID.me||Contact the retailer or brand|
Issues during the verification process:
Trouble after the verification process:
Confirm your verification was successful
Before you contact a retailer or brand for help, confirm you successfully verified your community status using ID.me and that you shared your information.
To confirm you successfully verified your community status using ID.me.
- Go to the ID.me sign in page and sign in to your account.
- Select Sign in, then In the upper right corner, select your name.
- Select My account.
- Select My Wallet or Manage IDs.
- In your ID.me Wallet, look to see if the community you tried to verify for displays under “Active IDs”. For example, look for a card that says Alumni, Employee, First Responder, Hospital Employee, Medical Provider, Military, Nurse, Student, or Teacher.
Keep in mind:
- If a card isn’t there, it means your verification wasn’t successful. For steps to retry the verification process, go to Verifying for a community.
- If your card displays under “Expired IDs”, you must reverify your community card.
Confirm you shared your information
When verifying your community status, you will be prompted to share your information with the brand or retailer. To check if you successfully shared your information, visit Finding who you shared your information with.
The important information to look for is:
- Website name – This is the name of the retailer you shared your information with.
- Authorized – This shows the date and time you shared your information.
Contact retailers or brands
If you still have questions after confirming your verification was successful, go directly to the retailer’s website and find their Contact Support page.
When contacting retailers, it's helpful to:
- Tell them which community and sub-community you have verified for. For example, you verified your teacher status as a classroom teacher or your military status as a service member.
- Mention the offer you’d like to redeem, like a 20% discount off your order.
- Specify the product you want to purchase and whether it is excluded from the offer.
- Describe any errors or issues you encounter.
You can copy, customize, and send this sample message to a retailer or brand:
I verified as a [COMMUNITY AND SUB-COMMUNITY] using ID.me.
I want to save [DISCOUNT %] on my purchase. I’m trying to buy [NAME OF ITEM], but the promo code or discount isn’t working. Is the item I’d like to buy part of the offer or not?
Also, I see this error: [DESCRIBE ERROR].
Thank you for looking into this for me.