Verify your alumni status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. You will start the process in ID.me Shop, go to the partner shop for the offer you’re interested in, then follow the prompts on the partner page to complete verification and claim your offer. This article explains how to verify your alumni status.
To be eligible, you must be:
- 18 years or older.
- A graduate from an accredited, government-recognized, public or private university or college that grants degrees or certificates.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
To get started:
- Go to ID.me Shop, search for “alumni”, then select Offers. Doing this displays a list of alumni offers.
- Browse the alumni discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me, usually at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for alumni status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify your alumni status
To verify your alumni status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
Select Begin, then enter the requested information to confirm your alumni status.
- You may be required to upload documentation. For documents you can submit, visit Documents to verify alumni status.
Note: Ensure the graduation date you enter matches the date on your document.
Tip: If you need to upload alumni documents, take photos of your documents using a smartphone, then upload the image.
- If your college or university isn’t listed, contact ID.me Support.
- Select Allow to share your information with the store or retailer.
Troubleshooting alumni verification
For issues verifying your alumni status, visit Troubleshooting alumni verification.
Change your university email address
If you previously verified as a student and used your university email address as the primary address for your ID.me account, change your primary email address to your personal address. This way, if you lose access to your university email address, you’ll still have access to your ID.me account.
My discount isn’t working
If the alumni discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble getting a discount.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners