In order to use a utility bill as an acceptable secondary document for identity verification, it must meet the following requirements.
- The bill must be less than 90 days old.
- It must come from a utility company: either electric, phone, cable, internet, water, gas, or waste/sewage management.
- It must be a bill, and not some other form of communication (e.g. a letter, notification, etc.)
- If your service has been turned off or interrupted, the account must still show as open.
- Your full name (as you entered it during identity verification) must be present.
- Your current address (as you entered it during identity verification) must be present.