To verify your identity, be prepared to submit and / or present either:
- Two Primary Identification Documents, or
- One Primary and two Secondary Identification Documents.
- All documents must be valid / current.
- Temporary IDs are not acceptable.
- Photocopies and screenshots are not acceptable; physical documents are required.
- If your name has changed, click here for important details.
- For information about documents you can use to prove your Social Security number, click here.
Primary Identification Documents
- Driver’s license (or learner's permit) from a U.S. state (Must be a permanent license with photo. Temporary and/or paper documents are not accepted.)
- State-issued photo ID
- U.S. passport
- HSPD 12 PIV card
- U.S. passport card
- U.S. Permanent resident card (I-551)
- USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Card (I-766) (No employer-issued ID cards)
- Government Issued Photo ID (No US military ID cards. Must be a permanent document with photo. Temporary and/or paper documents are not accepted.)
- Foreign (non U.S.) passport
- Veteran’s health ID card
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) ID Card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI)
- Canadian driver’s license
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- National ID card (only if residing outside of the U.S.)
Secondary Identification Documents
- U.S. Health insurance card
- Social security card
- DD214 or NGB form 22
- U.S. birth certificate
- College or university student photo ID (current)
- U.S. voter registration card
- U.S. Coast Guard merchant mariner card
- U.S. citizen ID card – Form I-197
- U.S. DoD Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
- U.S. DoS Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Border crossing card
- Native American tribal document
- Tribal-issued photo ID card
- Canadian Indian and Northern Affairs card
- College or university transcript (current or previous year)
- Printout of utility (electric, gas, phone, water) statement or bill (not older than 90 days, showing name, full address, and account number)
- Printout of bank or financial institution statement (not older than 90 days, showing name, full address, and account number)
Printout of medical bill (not older than 90 days, showing name, full address, and account number)