Verify your hospital employee status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. This article explains how to verify your hospital employee status.
You must be an employee of any hospital or healthcare facility in the United States.
Ways to verify
You have two options to verify your hospital employee status:
- Email address - Use your work email address
- Document upload - Upload acceptable documents to prove you work at a hospital or healthcare facility
1. Go to ID.me Shop
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Hospital Employee discounts.
- Browse the offers and stores that offer hospital employee discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying for hospital employee status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify hospital employer status
To verify your employer status:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- Choose to verify using your employee email address or uploading employment documentation.
- Select Begin.
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal and employee information.
Email address - Select your employer’s name from the drop-down menu, enter the email address you use for work, then select Continue. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete verification. Select the link in the email.
Tip: Check your spam or junk folder if the confirmation email isn’t in your inbox.
Document upload - Select your employer’s company name from the drop-down menu, then select Continue. Review the acceptable documents to verify your employee status.
Note: If your company’s name isn’t in the drop-down, select I don't see my employer listed here. Enter your company’s name, work email address, then select Continue. You will receive an email when your employer has been added to our database.
- Email address - Select your employer’s name from the drop-down menu, enter the email address you use for work, then select Continue. You will be sent a confirmation email to complete verification. Select the link in the email.
- If you choose document upload, select a document type, then select Choose file and select the file from your device. Select Continue to upload and submit your document.
You’ll see the screen below if your employer status verification is successful.
If your verification isn’t approved, select Retry verification to start again. Make sure:
- You enter your information correctly.
- The document type you choose matches the document you upload.
- You upload an acceptable verification document and follow our document best practices.
My discount isn’t working
If the employee discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble getting a discount.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you have completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble verifying for a specific community, like nurses, teachers, military, etc. Common issues include:
- Fixing documents that were rejected
- Not meeting the criteria for your community
- The information you enter during the verification process doesn’t match the records we use for verification
Retailers and brands
Retailers and brands can help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have trouble getting a discount or using a promo code. Before contacting the retailer or brand:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the retailer or brand
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners