ID.me has partnered with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to help verify your identity for unemployment benefits.
To verify your identity to access the TWC website and receive unemployment benefits:
- Visit the Texas Workforce Commission website and click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to the ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification.
- Click to Allow the TWC to use the information you successfully verified.
When your identity has been verified and your information matches TWC's records, we will notify you. You should receive notification within 3-5 business days after you verify your identity.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.